Yoga studies as part of Shiva Parvati Dharma Yoga at https://shivaparvati.yoga/ yoga portal is a vast body of self-development process aligned with the following four hands of Yoga science. In our yoga courses and classes, Satsangs, library material, yoga aspirant is introduced to the extracted and condensed knowledge, opening up the avenues for further exploration.
- Apara Bhakti (Karma Kanda, Upasana Kanda), Para Bhakti (Jnana Kanda).
- Mantra, chants, prayers.
- Bhakti literature, sutras.
- Music, Kirtan, Bhajans.
- Rituals/worship, Yagna, Puja.
- Formless/form, Nama-Rupa.
- Atmashuddhi, Akarta Bhava, Naishkarma Siddhi.
- Detachment/renunciation internal.
- Sincerity, purity – purification.
- Dwandwas/conflicts ->nirdwandwa.
- Mumuksha – urge to know essence.
- Vairagya – loss of interest in petty trivialities.
- Willingness to drop dogmas.
- Unwillingness to accept without 1st hand experience.
- Independence in thought and action.
- Head + Heart + Hands.
- Four Purusharthas: Artha, Dharma, Kama, Moksha.
- Four Ashramas: Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanaprastha, Sannyasa.
- Sadhana/Yogic lifestyle: diet, Mouna/silence, regularity, seclusion.
- Seva/selfless service.
- Guru – disciple, initiation/Diksha, Sannyasa, Ashram lifestyle.
- Auspicious periods: Hindu solar and lunar calendar.
- Jyotish/Vedic astrology.
- Spiritual places and institutions, Yatra/pilgrimage.
- Events, retreats.
- Hatha Yoga: Shatkarma, Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha.
- Raja Yoga of Patanjali: Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi.
- Meditation and relaxation techniques.
- Tantra. Kriya Yoga: Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana.
- Shri Vidya.
- Shubheksha, Vicharana, Tanumansa, Sattwapatti, Asamsakti, Padartha Abhavana, Turyaga.
- Sruti/scriptures/original texts/Vedas, Upanishads, Sutras, Agamas/commentaries.
- Sanskrit and ancient languages.
- Lineages, teachers, saints, rishis/sages.